NewsQuest
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • More
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Health & Sciences
    • Opinion
    • Tech
  • About Us
    • Contact Us
What's Hot

Tinubu’s spokesman Dare bags doctoral degree at Baze Varsity

August 19, 2026

Wike accuses Senator Kingibe over media grandstanding, challenges Lawmaker to rather prove work at NASS

August 19, 2026

2027: Tinubu signs peace accord, calls for restraint ahead polls

August 18, 2026
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Facebook Twitter Instagram
NewsQuestNewsQuest
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • World News
  • More
    • Education
    • Crime
    • Health & Sciences
    • Opinion
    • Tech
  • About Us
    • Contact Us
NewsQuest
Home»News»Wike, Dangote, Elumelu NRS boss, others win awards at maiden presidential press corps dinner
News

Wike, Dangote, Elumelu NRS boss, others win awards at maiden presidential press corps dinner

Anule EmmanuelBy Anule EmmanuelJuly 3, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Nyesom Wike on Thursday, was singled out among Nigeria’s political and business elite, receiving a prominent honour as the inaugural Presidential Press Corps Dinner set out to become an annual fixture.

The gala—hosted by President Bola Tinubu and First Lady Oluremi Tinubu—recognized a cross-section of figures from government, industry and the media for their roles in national development.

First Lady Tinubu presented awards across categories, including tributes to business leaders Aliko Dangote and Tony Elumelu and senior officials such as Zacch Adedeji, Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service; Atiku Bagudu, minister of budget and economic planning; and Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister of interior.

Dr. Anule Emmanuel, chairman of the State House Press Corps, received two distinctions: an Outstanding Leadership Award.

NewsQuest Magazine

In a brief interview, Dr. Anule described the dinner—announced as an annual event—as a milestone made possible by President Tinubu’s decision to host the gathering at the Presidential Villa.

“I am excited,” he said, crediting the President’s stewardship with securing the event’s place in Nigeria’s history.

Media figures were also honored. Segun Adeniyi, a former presidential Adviser on Media and Publicity, was celebrated as the first SHPC member to serve as presidential spokesman holding the title of Special Adviser.

Reuters veteran Felix Onuah, the longest-serving State House correspondent, and Nicholas Okechukwu, recognized for distinguished service as a non-linear editor, received awards for long service.

A posthumous award went to the late Baba Ladan Abubakar.

Members of the State House Press Corps described the dinner as the start of a recurring presidential tradition intended to bring together government officials, business leaders and senior journalists for recognition and networking at the center of Nigeria’s government.

Speaking at the event, President Tinubu said the Federal Government’s renewed offensive against criminal elements has recorded significant successes, including the neutralising of thousands of terrorists and criminals, the rescue of numerous hostages, and the recovery of communities previously under threat.

While acknowledging that security challenges persist, President Tinubu said his administration’s coordinated security strategy has produced significant gains, including the neutralising of thousands of terrorists, the rescue of hostages, and the reclamation of communities once under the control of criminal elements

“Thousands of criminal elements and terrorists have been neutralised. Numerous hostages have been rescued. Communities previously under threat have been reclaimed.

“While Nigeria continues to face security challenges, we have moved steadily from reacting to threats toward systematically degrading them.

“We remain resolute in our commitment to securing every part of our country and ensuring that every Nigerian can live, work and prosper in peace,” he noted.

Aliko Dangote Elumelu Minister Wike Tinubu
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Anule Emmanuel

    Related Posts

    Tinubu’s spokesman Dare bags doctoral degree at Baze Varsity

    August 19, 2026

    Wike accuses Senator Kingibe over media grandstanding, challenges Lawmaker to rather prove work at NASS

    August 19, 2026

    2027: Tinubu signs peace accord, calls for restraint ahead polls

    August 18, 2026

    BOI hails Tinubu as ₦250bn bond is oversubscribed within five days

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Recent Posts
    • Tinubu’s spokesman Dare bags doctoral degree at Baze Varsity
    • Wike accuses Senator Kingibe over media grandstanding, challenges Lawmaker to rather prove work at NASS
    • 2027: Tinubu signs peace accord, calls for restraint ahead polls
    • BOI hails Tinubu as ₦250bn bond is oversubscribed within five days
    • Minister Wike orders demolition of houses blocking Abuja flood channels

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from NewsQuest daily newspaper

    About Us
    About Us

    NewsQuest is a daily newspaper based in Nigeria’s Capital City, Abuja dedicated to advance the nation’s democracy with factual reporting. We have an independent editorial outlook and provide unparalleled collection of news content, spanning the latest headlines, video, audio, current affairs, and developments on topical politics, science, business, health, style, culture, and technology, to historical coverage of important (and sometimes forgotten) people, places and events.

    Our Picks

    Tinubu’s spokesman Dare bags doctoral degree at Baze Varsity

    August 19, 2026

    Wike accuses Senator Kingibe over media grandstanding, challenges Lawmaker to rather prove work at NASS

    August 19, 2026

    2027: Tinubu signs peace accord, calls for restraint ahead polls

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from NewsQuest daily newspaper

    © 2026 All Rights Reserved. NewsQuestNG. Designed by DeedsTech.
    • News
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.